As set forth in CVC 40220, effective July 1, 2018, the Processing Agency will allow payment plan options for people with unpaid parking tickets who can provide proof of indigency. ONLY citations issued July 1, 2018 and after are applicable for the payment plan.
If approved, all late fees will be removed from the citation(s) and the Agency will set up a payment agreement for the responsible individual to pay outstanding parking tickets owed within a maximum of 18 months. Individuals who fall out of compliance with the payment plan have 45 days to resume before the Agency reassigns late fees and files a hold with the DMV.
1) You must complete the application in full and either submit online, by clicking online as listed above or by mail at the address listed below, see mail in option. If the online option is chosen all supporting documentation for verification listed on the application must be uploaded with the application. If the mail in option is chosen please include all supporting documentation for verification listed on the application available to download. Please note a valid e-mail address is mandatory for application submission online as you will be notified of approval or denial via e-mail.
2) Mail in Option; Please click to download application: Download
The application and supporting documentation must be completed and returned to: P.O Box 11923 Santa Ana, CA 92711
3) Application for this payment plan must be made within 60 calendar days of citation issuance, or within 10 calendar days of an administrative hearing determination (whichever is later).
4) If approved, $5.00 processing fee must be included with the first payment or added to the payment plan amount.
5) During the payment plan; all late fees will be waived but reinstated if registered owner fall outs of compliance with the payment plan.
5) The minimum amount of $25 must be paid monthly. If no payment is received within 45 days; the payment plan will be defaulted; the total amount and all late fees will be reinstated, and a filing of an itemization of unpaid parking penalties and service fees will be sent to DMV.
6) If defaulted; the registered owner may request to rescind the filing of an itemization of unpaid parking penalties and service fees for an indigent individual, for one-time only, if the registered owner or lessee pays a late fee of five dollars ($5).
I. A registered owner or person responsible for the citations shall be eligible to enroll in a payment plan with proof of indigent status.
Late fees will be placed in abeyance while in the payment plan, these late fees will be waived once the payment plan is completed.
If additional citations are accrued during the payment plan period, the plan may not be modified to include these citations. A new application must be submitted and processed accordingly.
II. Once the payment plan is in place and the applicant adheres to its terms, an itemization of unpaid parking penalties will not be filed with the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) and any DMV Registration Hold in place will be temporarily removed.
If applicant defaults on payment plan, the DMV Registration Hold will be reinstated, if applicable.
III. $5.00 processing fee must be included with the first payment or added to the payment plan amount.
IV. Payments must be made each calendar month.
There will be no grace period for late payments.
For mailed payments, a postmark is acceptable to meet this requirement.
V. Payment Plan Duration.
For balances under $300, payments will be $25/month.
For balances over $300, monthly payments will be assessed accordingly.